Sunday, August 28, 2011

Remember Spirographs?

Wow, it has been a long time since I stamped anything!  First, I had to clean up my long-neglected studio before I could do anything.  Then, when I finally got going, I didn't want to stop!

When you were a kid, did you have a Spirograph?  I remember doing intricate designs with different size pieces, and when I was almost done, the plastic piece would slip and I ruined my design!  Ah...good times.  Well, we Stamping Divas may be too old for Spirograph, but we can do the next best thing -- the Spirelli technique!

I stamped and embossed "Hello, Doily" (love the name of that stamp!) then used a dauber to rub some Crumb Cake ink to make the image pop. 

I used the 2-3/8" punch for the Concord Crush scallop, and gold thread to make the design around the scallop.

I stamped the smallest image from the Delicate Doilies set and mounted it on a piece of gold cardstock.  I finished it off with a gold brad in the center, and the greeting from the A Word For You set.

This is a fun card that we'll be doing at my Second Saturday class on September 10. 

Call me to reserve your space!

Happy Stampin,
Debbie

1 comment:

  1. ooooh .. .I LOVE IT!!! Gotta try that . . .yep, I'm OLD . . . so I remember spirographs!! JRR

    ReplyDelete