Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Fall??

According to the calendar, today is the first day of fall, but I don't think anyone told Mother Nature!  Remember the movie, Field of Dreams?  "Build it, and they will come."  Well, "Make the card, and it will come!"

I brayered some Pear Pizazz on the new Houndstooth Embossing Folder and ran it through the Big Shot.

The leaves are from the Gently Falling set, and I stamped them in Pear, More Mustard, and Pool Party -- picking up the colors in the Spice Cake DSP.  I used a sponge dauber to add a little color to the leaves.

"Come said the wind to the leaves one day,
Come o're the meadows, and we will play.
Put on your dresses scarlet and gold, For summer is gone
and the days grow cold."
-  A Children's Song of the 1880's

 
"Delicious autumn!  My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."
-   George Eliot


COME FALL, COME!!

Happy Stampin',
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment