Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happy Birthday, Tracey!

Today is my good friend, Tracey's, birthday.  She is starting a new life as a single, independent woman, and I'm so proud of her!  Our good friend, Yvonne, and I bought her a gift card to Target.  As you know, sometimes it's a little boring to just give a gift card, but not when you put it in this Pop Up Gift Card Holder!

(Sorry for the blurry photo, I tried multiple times, but this was the best I could get!)

The base of the holder is Pool Party, and the DSP is the fabulous Spice Cake -- love it!

The gift card sits in the slot in the middle, and "pops up" when you open the card.


This is the front of the card -- I made a rosette (sometimes called a "Lolly," I have NO idea why) from one of the pieces in the Spice Cake package. 

Lollies are pretty easy to make; use a 1", 1-1/2" or 2" x 12 strip of DSP (depending on the size of the lolly you want), and score at every 1/4 inch (or 1/2" inch).  Then fold on all the score lines, mountain fold, valley fold, over and under.  The key is that at the end you have to make sure that a mountain and valley fold meet, or you get this weird...thing...and it makes it very difficult to get the lolly to lay down.  Ask me how I know...

If you want to make a lot of lollies at once, take a 12x12 piece of DSP and score the whole thing, then cut it into strips.

Happy Birthday, Tracey!!

Keep stampin,

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment