Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Birthday (almost) to my Son-In-Law

My son-in-law's birthday is this Saturday, and we got him a gift card.  Sometimes giving a gift card feels kind of boring, but not when it's in this:
This is called an Envelope Card, and you'll see why in the next picture.

I wanted to use the stuff that puffs up when you heat it, but I couldn't find it, so I improvised and used pom poms for the beer foam.

It's hard to see, but I used Crystal Effects on the mugs from the Cheers to You stamp set to make them look like glass.





First lick an envelope and close it, fold it in half, then cut it, so you have two openings - one for a greeting, and the other for a gift card or money.  The top flap tucks under the main image, in this case the beer mugs, and holds the card closed.
On the other side of this card, I wrote our Happy Birthday greeting, and the gift card is in the second opening.

With many graduations coming up, and Father's Day, too, this is a unique way to jazz up a card or money gift.

Let me know if you'd like to learn how to make an Envelope Card!

 
HAVE YOU PRE-ORDERED YOUR NEW CATALOG YET??

Happy Stampin'!

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment