Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Music to my ears

Our church organist has decided to retire, so I thought I would send this card to her.
 
 I really love black and white, or in this case, black and vanilla, cards.

This card has a lot of elements:  Very Vanilla base, and the music paper is from the Newsprint set of designer paper, which I ran through the Big Shot with a texture plate, and layered on a piece of Basic Black.

The swirls along the bottom are from the Strength and Hope stamp set ($2 from the sales of these sets goes to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation).

I used the Decorative Label Punch to punch out one of the Four Frames images (which was available for a short time as a new catalog preview set, but won't be available again until July 1st).  I made the black layer behind it by punching out 2 labels and piecing them together behind the frame, and there are 2 of the smallest halfback pearls on each side.  "friends" is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  It's a pricey set, but there are 24 stamps, sentiments for just about every occasion, and they fit just about ANYWHERE!  I LOVE the set -- I have used it a lot. 

HAVE YOU PRE-ORDERED YOUR NEW CATALOG YET??

Happy Stampin'!

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment